- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth, we use 1/2 a GoBio Organic Vegetable bouillon cube with 2 cups of water or use homemade veggie broth
- 1.5 cups of cooked black beans (or 1 can drained)
- 1/2 cup of cooked corn taken from the cob preferably
- 1 ripe avocado cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (or approx 20)
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 lime (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste about 1/4 tsp each. Skip the salt to keep the sodium content low.
- Cook Quinoa in vegetable broth bringing to a boil over high heat, simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed, remove from heat and cover 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, lime juice, cayenne, cumin, and salt & pepper
- Once quinoa has cooled mix in beans, cucumber, tomatoes, corn, avocado and cilantro. Combine well
- Add the dressing to the quinoa mixture and combine until well dispersed
- Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and and a lime slice
Serving is 1 cup, Makes approx 5 servings