Flourless Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups whole rolled oats
- 1.75 cup unsweetened hemp milk or other dairy alternative
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tbsp of NutraCleanse *you can use ground flax but, this will change the nutritional info.
- 1/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 oz of dark chocolate (70% or higher) broken into bits
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl mix together rolled oats, 1 cup of the milk alternative and applesauce and let soak in the fridge for 1 hour or until oats absorb all liquid
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F
- Use cupcake liners and line each tin of a regular muffin pan or brush coconut oil in each tin
- Add the rest of the ingredients (including reserved 3/4 cup of milk alternative) to the soaked oats and combine until you have an even consistency
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full with mixture
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden, or until a toothpick inserted to the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins carefully from muffin tin and let cool on a wire rack
- Once cool, dig in! These can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Makes 12 muffins, 1 serving is 1 muffin