Thai Chicken Soup
- 1 large (7-1/4" to 8-1/2" long) Carrots, raw, sliced thin
1 stalk, large (11"-12" long) Celery, raw, sliced thin
12 ounce(s) Chicken Breast / White Meat, cooked and shredded/chopped into bite site pieces
1/2 table spoon Chili sauce
1/4 cup Cilantro, Fresh, chopped
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
3 cloves Garlic, raw, minced
1 tbsp fresh Ginger root, minced
1 tablespoon Lemon zest
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/2 pack of brown Rice vermicelli noodles (approx 3.5oz)
6 cup chicken broth, low sodium (vegetable broth can be substituted or homemade bone broth)
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts, raw
- 3 table spoon Coconut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
Directions:1. Bring stock, carrots and celery to a boil for 1 minute
2. Reduce heat to medium and add lemon zest, cooked chicken and minced ginger and cook for 5-6 minutes
3. Add garlic, chili paste, coconut sauce, fish sauce and lime juice and reduce heat to low.
4. Add coconut milk and stir well.
5. In a separate pot boil water and remove from heat, soak rice noodles for 3-6 minutes (until soft) rinse with cold water and add to soup at the last minute.
Note: You can add 1 tbsp coconut sugar if the soup is too sour, or more lime juice if it is too salty, or more fish sauce if it is too tart etc.
6. dish out soup, add fresh bean sprouts and garnish with fresh cilantro and sriracha if desired.
Makes 3 servings