Thai Chicken Soup
- 1 large (7-1/4" to 8-1/2" long) Carrots, raw, sliced thin
- 1 stalk, large (11"-12" long) Celery, raw, sliced thin
- 12 ounce(s) Chicken Breast / White Meat, cooked and shredded/chopped into bite site pieces
- 1/2 table spoon Chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, Fresh, chopped
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 cloves Garlic, raw, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh Ginger root, minced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 pack of brown Rice vermicelli noodles (approx 3.5oz)
- 6 cup chicken broth, low sodium (vegetable broth can be substituted or homemade bone broth)
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts, raw
- 3 table spoon Coconut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Bring stock, carrots and celery to a boil for 1 minute
- Reduce heat to medium and add lemon zest, cooked chicken and minced ginger and cook for 5-6 minutes
- Add garlic, chili paste, coconut sauce, fish sauce and lime juice and reduce heat to low.
- Add coconut milk and stir well.
- In a separate pot boil water and remove from heat, soak rice noodles for 3-6 minutes (until soft) rinse with cold water and add to soup at the last minute.
Note: You can add 1 tbsp coconut sugar if the soup is too sour, or more lime juice if it is too salty, or more fish sauce if it is too tart etc.
- dish out soup, add fresh bean sprouts and garnish with fresh cilantro and sriracha if desired.
Makes 3 servings
Nutrition Breakdown per serving:
Calories: 270, Protein: 20g, Carbohydrates: 23g, Fat: 12g