Egg Scramble à la Chevre
- 4 large Egg - Free Run - Whole w/yolk
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cup, pieces or sliced Mushrooms, white, raw
- 2 oz Cheese, goat, crumbled (2 tbsp for each serving)
- 1 cup Zucchini, raw with peel, chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped Chives, raw
- 1/2 tablespoon, basil, dried
- 2 tablespoon Butter, without salt
- 1 tablespoon Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar, balsamic
Roast Cherry Tomatoes:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place tomatoes onto baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Toss with your fingers to coat. Bake until tomatoes burst and begin to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
Sautee Mushrooms & zucchini:
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms and zucchini for 3-4 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Add basil and a pinch of sea salt, sauté for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat
- In a bowl whisk together well eggs, egg whites, a splash of water and add sea salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium heat, make sure the melted butter covers the entire pan while continuing to whisk pour egg mixture into pan and reduce heat to low
- Watch that as the eggs start to cook, the mixture solidifies. As soon as this starts happening, move the mixture around the pan with a spatula to scrape the cooked eggs from the bottom to the top of the mixture and expose the still-wet portions to the heat. This keeps the eggs from developing a leathery brown skin on the bottom.
- When your eggs are almost cooked remove the pan from heat (they will continue to cook a bit)
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Breakdown per serving:
Calories: 260, Protein: 18.5g, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fat: 18g, Sugar 4g