Beef Fajitas and Lime Rice
16 ounce(s) Flank - fat trimmed off (1lb)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons Coconut Sauce
Juice from 2 fresh limes
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 Bell Peppers - 1 Red and 1 Green, cut into strips
1 medium Onion, cut into strips
3 cups Rice, white, jasmine, cooked
1/4 cup cilantro, fresh chopped
1. Mix together oil, coconut sauce, juice from 1 lime, garlic, and all spices. Add 2 tbsp water to
2. Place flank steak in a Ziplock bag and pour marinade over top
3. Cover the meat in the marinade, seal and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours (up to 24)
4. Remove steak from bag reserving marinade and season with salt & pepper.
5. Deglaze a large frying pan with some of the marinade and place over med-high heat.
6. Cook the steak to preferred temperature, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare
7. Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes
8. While steak is resting deglaze pan again with marinade
9. Cook onions and peppers over medium-high heat until they are soft and slightly caramelized
(about 10 minutes)
10. Add remaining marinade (garlic pieces included) and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
11. Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
12. Mix juice from 1 lime, a pinch of salt and some fresh cilanto into the cooked rice
13. Top 1/2 cup rice with 1/6 of the pepper and onion mixture and 1/6 of the cooked beef and
garnish with fresh cilantro.
Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories: 393, Protein: 24.8 g, Carbohydrates: 39.5g, Fat: 14.9, Sugar: 3g