- 16 ounce(s) Flank - fat trimmed off (1lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Sauce
- Juice from 2 fresh limes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Bell Peppers - 1 Red and 1 Green, cut into strips
- 1 medium Onion, cut into strips
- 3 cups Rice, white, jasmine, cooked
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh chopped
- Mix together oil, coconut sauce, juice from 1 lime, garlic, and all spices. Add 2 tbsp water to the marinade.
- Place flank steak in a Ziplock bag and pour marinade over top
- Cover the meat in the marinade, seal and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours (up to 24)
- Remove steak from bag reserving marinade and season with salt & pepper.
- Deglaze a large frying pan with some of the marinade and place over med-high heat.
- Cook the steak to preferred temperature, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare
- Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes
- While steak is resting deglaze pan again with marinade
- Cook onions and peppers over medium-high heat until they are soft and slightly caramelized (about 10 minutes)
- Add remaining marinade (garlic pieces included) and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- Mix juice from 1 lime, a pinch of salt and some fresh cilanto into the cooked rice
- Top 1/2 cup rice with 1/6 of the pepper and onion mixture and 1/6 of the cooked beef and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories: 393, Protein: 24.8 g, Carbohydrates: 39.5g, Fat: 14.9, Sugar: 3g